None (born on an Ori warship)
|Out of universe information|
- "In this vast expanse, that is sheltered by evil and led astray, she will be the beacon of light in the darkness, to the warriors of the Ori, and to all who follow the true Path to salvation. With the wisdom of the ages, she will lead us to glorious victory over any and all unbelievers."
- "The Ori used me to sneak one of their own over the border."
- —Vala Mal Doran
While Vala Mal Doran was in the Ori home galaxy, one of the Ori impregnated Vala and manipulated the fetus at a genetic level to be its physical form on the lower planes, so that one of the Ori would be able to lead the Ori Army without forcing them to intervene on the lower planes, which would have caused the Ancients to intervene. After her birth, she was genetically altered to grow to adulthood at an increased acceleration, and was an adult within a matter of days. At first, she was simply called Orici, though Vala named her Adria, after her stepmother. Adria is a devout follower of Origin, saying that it is the Ancients who suck human life forces to gain power, not the Ori, leading Vala to conclude that Adria was complicit in their deceptions. Dr. Daniel Jackson and Vala tried to kidnap her, but Tomin, her stepfather, intervened. Daniel and Vala were nearly killed in the attempt but were rescued by the Odyssey which had just arrived in orbit. (SG1: "Flesh and Blood")
- "The enemy is led by a young woman of extraordinary powers."
After the Free Jaffa Nation attempted to destroy the crew of an Ori warship with the Dakara superweapon, Adria alone survived, due to the personal shield she possessed. She boarded the ship and took it to hyperspace. She captured Dr. Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran after she killed the Jaffa that were holding them. She then revived one of the Jaffa to interrogate him and he told her the weapon that had killed her followers was on Dakara. Upon reaching Dakara, she destroyed the weapon but SG-1 was beamed off the ship by the Odyssey. (SG1: "Counterstrike")
After having discovered the location of the Sangraal, she implanted a dream into Vala Mal Doran to get SG-1 to come to Osric's planet. Once they arrived, she impersonated Osric and offered to lead them to the Sangraal. When they came upon one of Morgan's puzzles that trapped the System Lord Ba'al and had to leave her ring in a treasure box, Dr. Daniel Jackson noticed the ring was of Ori design. Once at the caverns, SG-1 confronted her and she revealed herself. She then threatened to kill Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter if they did not help her get the Sangraal since she was unable to do so as the cave held a device which neutralized her abilities. She helped them get past the rest of the puzzles and reach the Sangraal but the Sangraal was a hologram, which also caused the awakening of a Dragon. Adria realized that the dragon was the final test, and Jackson's realization that it was Ganos Lal who was the true guardian neutralized the dragon. However, upon returning to the Sangraal, SG-1 and Ba'al were transported to another planet via a teleportation network set up by Ganos to further protect Merlin from discovery, forcing Adria to mentally examine the planet's DHD to determine their location. Eventually, Adria and her soldiers found the planet in question, where Jackson had the memories of Merlin downloaded into his mind. Adria attempted to kill SG-1, but Jackson gave them enough time to flee through the Stargate, leaving Daniel in Adria's hands. (SG1: "The Quest, Part 1", "The Quest, Part 2")
Adria had plans for Dr. Daniel Jackson, hoping to use the Sangraal to destroy the Ancients without having to risk the Ori themselves. Having seemingly convinced Daniel of the virtues of Origin, she eventually turned him into a Prior, so that he would be able to complete the device and use it against the Ancients. However, Daniel, with help from the consciousness of Merlin, resisted her efforts, partly helped by the fact that Adria was so determined to convert Daniel as she saw him as her only hope of converting Earth. He nearly completed the Sangraal, but allowed himself to be captured by SG-1 so that they could shut down the wormhole currently blocking the Supergate. With their help, he attacked Adria and was able to send the Ori warship carrying the Sangraal through the Supergate. Adria herself later confirmed that the device was successful in neutralizing the Ori. However, Adria was not destroyed by the Sangraal, and she then sent another six Ori battle cruisers through the Supergate. (SG1: "The Shroud")
- "Don't attempt to play my compassion, mother. As you said, I'm not your daughter, I'm an Ori."
"Part Ori, part human."
"That will soon change."
- —Adria and Vala Mal Doran
With the Supergate under control, Adria encountered Vala Mal Doran on a planet. She falsely claimed that the Sangraal failed in its attempt to destroy the Ori, and learned that Vala had fled Earth, as SG-1 believed that she was being manipulated by Adria using the Clava Thessara Infinitas to trap them (Adria had no knowledge of that and was in fact innocent). Adria and Vala traveled to the planet in question, only to find SG-1 already there and waiting, and it was revealed that Vala had allowed herself to be implanted with a false memory by the Galaran memory device. However, Ba'al arrived and kidnapped Adria, taking her as a host, claiming that he would order the Ori Army leave the Milky Way galaxy. The Tok'ra removed Ba'al, but Ba'al managed to unleash his symbiote toxin into Adria. Dying, Adria used the time she had left to ascend. However, while Adria now possessed all the power the Ori gained from their worshipers in both galaxies- the loss of the other Ori meaning that she now possessed the entirety of the power that had once been divided amongst the entire Ori race-, it also meant that she could no longer take action on this plane of existence without inciting the wrath of the Ancients, leaving the Ori army leaderless. (SG1: "Dominion")
After locating the Ark of Truth, Vala Mal Doran, Tomin, and Dr. Daniel Jackson were captured and brought to the City of Celestis. There, Adria revealed herself to Vala. She confirmed that she planned to destroy the Ancients and take over both galaxies, but declined to use the Ark, saying it just wasn't as "fun", and it also failed the generate the right 'kind of belief' that she could use to draw power. Vala also described her as a "spoiled brat with a God complex". She also confirmed the death of the Ori saying she was pleased as she now possessed all of their power. She was finally stopped when Daniel activated the Ark, severely diminishing her power. With her power now reduced, Morgan Le Fay engaged her in eternal battle, similarly to how Oma Desala fought Anubis. Her reign lasted for only one year. (SG1: "The Ark of Truth")
The chosen champion and leader of the Ori, Adria is hellbent on gaining total control of the galaxy and will gladly destroy anyone or anything that stands in her way. She also seems to get some kind of sadistic pleasure from choking others to within an inch of their very lives but despite this, possesses some degree of mercy.
It should be noted that in order to change Daniel Jackson into a Prior she kissed him. She also seemed to develop a strong bond while he was posing as a follower of Origin. Whether or not the kiss was simply a way to transform him into a Prior or if it had romantic intentions as well is not known.
Powers of the Orici
Evolved Human-Hybrid: Adria was given several superhuman powers, similar to the powers of Priors. However, she is technically not a Prior, and is between the Doci and the Ori in status. Her power is at least on the level of that of a Prior, although many of her abilities have yet to be revealed. Adria claims that despite the fact that she is essentially Ori, there is still a part of her that is human, which somewhat limits her powers. The Prior disruptor is capable of temporarily preventing her from using her powers.
- Telekinesis: She can kill with the power of the mind, restrict the movements of others, manipulate objects and people at a distance, activate DHDs remotely, and activate spacecraft and pilot them. She can do all of these things while multi-tasking her abilities.
- Healing touch: Her powers allow her to heal any injury that she, or others, might sustain and can even revive the recently deceased. However, unlike many other evolved beings, she does not show signs of being left in a weakened state afterwards.
- Telepathy: She has been described as a truth seer. Only the strongest of minds can resist her abilities, yet she had to ask the Jaffa and choke him at the same time to find out where the Dakara weapon was although this maybe a playful nature as she does like to play games.
- Genetic knowledge: She was granted a large amount of genetic knowledge, although this knowledge is limited by her human physiology. The knowledge in her mind unfolded as her body matured, causing headaches during her growth. What exact knowledge she possesses remains unknown, but it does include at least basic information such as reading and writing, knowledge of Ori religion and the Ancients, and how to speak and read Ancient.
Behind the scenes
- On Joseph Mallozzi's blog, he commented that Adria along with Morgan Le Fay were both locked in perpetual combat similar to one between Oma Desala and Anubis.
- Adria has much in common with the character Daemon from the ReBoot TV series. Both are young women with near absolute power, with the desire to purify their respective domains by turning citizens into worshippers.