|Original air date|
François Chau as Chinese Ambassador
|SG-1 Season 6|
|Season 5||Season 7|
- This episode is a clip show: it is largely composed of clips of previous episodes.
During a meeting of permanent members of the United Nations Security Council at The Pentagon, Colonel Chekov speaks with the Chinese Ambassador about a sunken Russian submarine, the Rostov. When Major General George S. Hammond and Major Paul Davis arrive, they explain that this meeting is actually intended to inform the ambassadors about the Stargate program. They are also informed about the nature of the Stargate and other such devices but the ambassadors are initially in disbelief. They are also informed about the Russian involvement, and a clip from the episode "Nemesis" is shown; when SG-1 leaves Thor's ship with the Stargate. The British Ambassador is indignant at the fact that the Russians are involved, while America's "closest ally", Great Britain, is not.
While they talk about some meteors being in fact crashed alien spaceships, similar to the submarine cover-up of the explosion from "Descent", Senator Robert Kinsey appears and is finally able to convince the ambassadors in believing in the Stargate. However he also tells them about the threat for Earth and he lays the blame largely on the "flagship team", SG-1. The ambassadors are also informed about the Goa'uld and their ships (several clips from different episodes are shown which present the different types of ships). They also show how the Goa'uld attack and act towards a planet (again clips from several episodes are shown when the Goa'uld attack planets). They talk about the threats of Apophis and the new threat presented by Anubis and his attempts to destroy Earth (a clip is shown when Anubis tries to throw an asteroid at Earth).
The representatives of the USA and Russia then hope that the countries which are present will help them because of their military strength. However, the Chinese ambassador thinks that the general public should be informed. Afterwards a clip is shown when SG-1 uses a Stargate to blow up Vorash's sun to destroy Apophis' fleet ("Exodus"). The ambassadors are presented with the new technologies the SGC has invented (like the X-301 Interceptor and X-302 hyperspace fighter) (again clips from former episodes are shown of SG-1 using the new ships). Afterward, the ambassadors are informed about the X-303, Prometheus.
The Chinese ambassador becomes angry when he sees these new ships and the fact that the Stargate program is solely under US-control. Senator Kinsey then tells them about the NID, and argues that this organization should have control over the Stargate program. General Hammond is reluctant about this proposal due to the dubious nature of the organization (a clip is shown from the episode when Hammond resigned due to threats made by the NID against his family). The ambassadors are informed about the time when NID agents captured a weather-control device from Madrona (again clip shown) and how the rogue NID members are captured by Colonel Jack O'Neill and the Asgard.
Afterwards Kinsey informs the ambassadors about the threats to Earth which are a consequence of the operation of the Stargate, for example when they made contact with a black hole and of how alien-entities, such as the Replicators, infiltrated the base. Kinsey states that he can't allow General Hammond to keep control of the SGC any longer.
During a break, Hammond talks with Major Davis about the fact that he still has an ace up his sleeve, while Colonel Chekov talks to the Chinese ambassador about the economically-advantageous Russian position in the program. When the discussion starts again, Hammond talks about the friends they've made, such as the Asgard, but the Chinese and French Ambassadors threaten to recommend to their respective leaders complete public disclosure. Suddenly, Thor beams in. He informs the ambassadors of SG-1's in defeating the Replicator menace, and states that the Asgard would prefer that the Stargate remain under the control of Hammond. Afterward, all ambassadors, British, French, Russian and reluctantly Chinese, agree with Thor's assessment that the Stargate is better off in the hands of Hammond and SG-1. Senator Kinsey finally concedes defeat to General Hammond ("Well played.").
1928; 1945; Al'kesh; Antarctica; Anubis; Anubis' Ha'tak; Apophis; Asgard; Asgard High Council; Biliskner; Black hole; Cheyenne Mountain; China; Colorado; Death Glider; Egypt; France; Ha'tak; Daniel Jackson; Madrona; NID; P3W-451; Pacific Ocean; Pearl Harbor; The Pentagon; President of the United States; Prometheus; Rogue operation; Rostov; Russia; Senate Appropriations Committee; Senate Intelligence Oversight Committee; Stargate Program; System Lords; Touchstone; United Kingdom; United Nations; United Nations Security Council; Vladivostok; X-301 Interceptor; X-302 hyperspace fighter
Davis: Obviously, this is very confusing at first glance.
British Ambassador: (sarcastically) Oh, no, no, no. What could be more clear? There were two different sorts of alien ships. I follow completely.
British Ambassador: I am a bit dubious that not one but two reported meteors in the last few years were in fact alien ships.
Davis: Actually, there were three.
Kinsey: Commander Thor, my name is—
Thor: Senator Kinsey. O'Neill suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here. I am reasonably certain his statement was in jest.
Kinsey: (raises his finger) I'm sure it was, Commander...
Thor: (raises his finger) Supreme Commander.
Thor: It is the opinion of the Asgard high council that Stargate Command should be left in the very capable hands of General Hammond and his team...and while our continued friendship with Earth is not contingent on that—it is preferred.
- The episode is largely a clip show containing scenes from previous episodes. Clips from the following episodes were included:
- This is one of only two episodes where none of the regular characters except Major General George S. Hammond are featured. The other is the Season 7 episode "Inauguration".
- This is the third clip show within Stargate SG-1, with the first being "Politics" and the second being "Out of Mind".
- The countries being informed of the Stargate are the three previously unaware permanent members of the United Nations Security Council: China, United Kingdom and France.
- The table used for the meeting would later be used as the table in the Atlantis conference room.
- When Thor beams in he says that he came to Earth in order to install Asgard shields and weapons on Prometheus, but it is later revealed that they only installed shields and hyperdrive, refusing to share offensive technologies. However, he only said "of Asgard construction", meaning they might not be "truly" Asgard technology.
- The Stargate graphic that is shown on the monitor after the title sequence is played is upside down, having the 8th and 9th chevron at the top. In the same shot, it shows Gate Chevrons and the Point of origin for Earth is shown three times. First and second are in row 1, 4th and 7th from the left and the third is in row 5, 5th from the left. A few others are reused as well, the some just flipped left to right and there are 42 chevrons shown in total.
- Senator Robert Kinsey references the Foothold situation from Season 3 episode "Foothold", even though in "Smoke and Mirrors" it is revealed that it was covered up because of his reservations towards the Stargate Program. (Of course, the incident was disclosed to the NID during the events of "Smoke and Mirrors" so Kinsey may have learned of it from the reports.)
- The Russian flag in the conference room was hanged upside down throughout the episode. Hanged this way, it gave the appearance of the Serbian flag.
In other languagesEdit
- French: Secret d’État (State Secret)
- Italian: Rivelazioni (Revelations)
- Spanish: Revelación (Revelation)
- Czech: Prozrazené Tajemství (Secrets Revealed)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Disclosure (Stargate SG-1). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with SGCommand, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|