Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Foothold situation, or simply Foothold, is when an aggressor has large control over an enemy's military base or other installation inside enemy territory.
Known foothold situationsEdit
- 1997: The Goa'uld Queen Hathor influenced her way in Stargate Command and took control of all the males of the facility with the intent of claiming the SGC for herself. The females, Teal'c and eventually Colonel Jack O'Neill all rose up against Hathor and forced her to flee through the Stargate to Chulak. (SG1: "Hathor")
- 1999: A few members of a Reetou terrorist group infiltrated the SGC. SG-1 and members of the Tok'ra with help from the Reetou known as Mother took down the rebels. (SG1: "Show and Tell")
- 1999: Unknown aliens impersonated several key figures on and off Stargate Command. Due to their experiences with Goa'uld symbiotes, Colonel Samantha Carter and Teal'c were immune to the duplicating effects and Carter escaped to rally Colonel Harold Maybourne and an NID team to help while Teal'c was captured. Using a high-frequency sound, Carter disabled the mimic devices and most of aliens fled through the Stargate. Carter regained control and the Stargate was shut down. As such, the aliens who couldn't escape chose to commit suicide via self-destruct. (SG1: "Foothold")
- 2004: Anubis gained control over parts of Stargate Command. Thanks to the sacrifice of Russian Colonel Alexi Vaselov, Anubis ended up trapped on KS7-535 though he eventually escaped somehow. (SG1: "Lockdown")
- 2006: Several captured Ba'al clones took over certain levels of the SGC and took several SGC members hostage. Some were killed by gunfire and symbiote poison, but the rest managed to beam out to a Tel'tak with the Stargate Command list of Stargate addresses. (SG1: "Insiders")
- 2004: During a large Storm the Atlantis expedition had to leave Atlantis and a group of Genii took Atlantis and held Drs. Meredith Rodney McKay and Elizabeth Weir hostage until Major John Sheppard. Lt. Aiden Ford, and Teyla Emmagan stopped them. Most were killed and the remainder fled back to their homeworld. (SGA: "The Storm", "The Eye")
- 2005: During the Battle of Atlantis, several Wraith beamed into Atlantis. They were eventually hunted down and killed after their fleet was destroyed and the shield was raised. (SGA: "The Siege, Part 1", "The Siege, Part 2", "The Siege, Part 3")
- 2006: Thalan and Phoebus, whilst taking control of Lt. Colonel John Sheppard and Dr. Elizabeth Weir respectively locked down Atlantis and threatened to kill hundreds of expedition members with Halon gas. Eventually Teyla took down Thalan and when Phoebus came after Thalan, either he or Sheppard, depending on if Thalan was faking his end, stunned Phoebus and ended the threat. (SGA: "The Long Goodbye")
- 2006: After the expedition surrenders control of the city to the Ancients from the ship Tria, the city was attacked and captured by the Asurans. Sheppard, McKay, Weir, and Beckett stole a Puddle Jumper from the SGC and returned to free the city. They eventually succeeded in destroying the Replicators by turning the shield into an Anti-Replicator field, destroying all the Replicators in the city. (SGA: "The Return, Part 1", "The Return, Part 2")
- 2008: Michael Kenmore and a few of his hybrids infiltrated Atlantis to destroy it and capture Teyla Emmagan's baby son. They were nearly successful, but the hybrids were killed by Sheppard and a team of marines who shot them and Michael was finally killed when Teyla knocked him off a balcony on the top of the Control Tower. (SGA: "The Prodigal")
- 2000: A Water-based life form took control of several members of a short-lived Russian Stargate program based inside an experimental power station near Kuybyshev Airbase in Siberia. (SG1: "Watergate")
- 2008: Wraith infiltrated the Midway space station and made it to Stargate Command. Eventually the Wraith were killed when the air was vented, but due to the incompetence of Doctor Peter Kavanagh, Midway was destroyed. The survivors fled in a Puddle Jumper and were picked up by the Daedalus some time later. (SGA: "Midway")