Asexual (male personality)
|Out of universe information|
Trevor Devall (voice)
2005EditBattle of Atlantis, Hermiod was forced to use Asgard transporters to beam nuclear warheads aboard the attacking Wraith Hive Ships, which he did with reluctance since using the technology in such a manner was strongly disapproved of by the Asgard. (SGA: "The Siege, Part 3")
On the Daedalus' second trip to Atlantis, he discovered the Wraith computer virus and worked with Dr. Rodney McKay to eradicate it. He also saved the life of McKay and Lt. Colonel John Sheppard by raising the hangar shield when the virus opened the hangar doors. (SGA: "The Intruder")
When The Trust planted a bomb in Atlantis and the Daedalus received a message from Stargate Command, he modified the hyperdrive in order to get in range to transmit the message in time. Later, he used the Asgard transporter to remove the Goa'uld from Colonel Steven Caldwell. (SGA: "Critical Mass")
When the Daedalus was dispatched to help on the planet Halcyon, Hermiod beamed out all the human life signs on a hive ship before its destruction, saving the lives of Sheppard's team and all the Halcyonites held on the ship. Sheppard states that Hermiod is their new hero as a result and McKay nearly hugged him for what he did. McKay just responded by stating that Hermiod gave off "that weird Roswell vibe." (SGA: "Halcyon")
- McKay: "Oh, come on. I understand you're an Asgard and everything, but even you've gotta feel a bit of an adrenaline buzz."
- Hermiod: "My body does not possess the adrenal gland that produces epinephrine in your system. And even if I did, I would not be as easily impressed."
- ―Rodney McKay and Hermiod's relative reactions to the wealth of data provided by Michael's Queen[src]
When the Stargate on Taranis was destroyed by the Volcano, Dr. Elizabeth Weir diverted the Daedalus on its way back from Earth. He determined the amount of time remaining until the eruption. (SGA: "Inferno")
When Dr. Rodney McKay and Jeannie Miller were working on the Matter bridge project, they consulted him on the code. Later, he beamed Rod into the containment field to send him to his reality. (SGA: "McKay and Mrs. Miller")
He is last mentioned by name when McKay finds a way to increase the Daedalus' shield power, he requests Dr. Weir to let Hermiod know about it and give him a call if he needed any help understanding the base code. (SGA: "Tao of Rodney")
As Hermiod was likely the first Asgard most Tau'ri had ever seen in person, this often lead to newer crew members and visitors to the Daedalus to stare at him, a reaction he found annoying. He tended to mutter to himself in Asgard whenever the Tau'ri did something to frustrate him; however his relationship with the Daedalus crew and the Atlantis expedition had improved with time. Hermiod also claimed to be very hard to impress. (SGA: "The Intruder", "Allies")
Behind the scenesEdit
- Hermiod (Old Norse: Hermóðr, "war-spirit") is a figure in Norse mythology, where he is a son of Odin, and is often considered the messenger of the gods.
- Hermiod's mumbling in Asgard are sentences in English played backwards.
- Deleted scenes in Be All My Sins Remember'd show Colonels Carter and Caldwell discussing the fate of Hermiod.