Stargate Atlantis: Inheiritors is the sixth novel in the Stargate Atlantis: Legacy series, which was written by Melissa Scott, Jo Graham, Meg Burden and Amy Griswold. It was preceded by Stargate Atlantis: Secrets and followed by Stargate Atlantis: Unascended.
As conflicts and betrayal threaten to shatter Atlantis’s fragile alliances with Guide’s Wraith and the Genii, humanity’s only hope of survival rests on the fate of an Ancient device — a weapon too terrible to use but too powerful to cast aside. A weapon capable of exterminating every Wraith in the galaxy, and with them every human carrying Wraith DNA…
With Queen Death’s fleet fast approaching, Colonel Sheppard and his team must make their final choice. In the sixth and concluding installment of the STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy series, the future of Atlantis will be decided — and more than one of her crew will be called upon to sacrifice everything in the fight for her survival...
The events depicted in this adventure take place after season five of Stargate Atlantis.
An extract from chapter 1:
“So let’s get this done,” John said.
“Well, I’ll need the device before I can destroy it,” Sam said. “If you’ll go get it from wherever you hid it…”
“You may as well come with me,” John said, after a moment’s hesitation that he decided wasn’t entirely rational. “I’d rather not handle the weird Ancient device we don’t understand any more than I have to. You don’t have the ATA gene, so you’re less likely to destroy all the Wraith in the galaxy by accident.”
Sam followed him up a transport chamber and several sets of stairs to the catwalks where he usually went running with Ronon. Above them, a tangled grid of struts and roof supports extended up into the shadows.
“It’s up there,” John said. He scrambled up onto the rail of the catwalk, and then hauled himself up the jungle gym of struts and poles until he could reach the ledge where he’d stashed the weapon in between a spare Wraith stunner and a box of C4.
The stunner and the C4 were both still there, still securely duct taped to the ledge. In between them, the web of duct tape had been slit neatly with a knife.
“What?” Sam called from the catwalk below.
“The weapon’s gone,” John said. “Somebody got here first."
- When discussing the alliance against Queen Death, Guide states that once Death is gone "all bets are off" with something like a laugh. This refers to the fact that he and Sheppard made the same agreement when they allied against the Genii in "Common Ground."
- When Carter reflects on the coming fleet, its mentioned that there are four enemy hive ships coming. However, five are later shown: one is destroyed by Atlantis, two by Guide, one flees to hyperspace and the last, Queen Death's ship is captured.
The following novel are also apart of the Legacy series by Fandemonium.
- Stargate Atlantis: Inheiritors on Fandemonium
- Stargate Atlantis: Inheiritors on Amazon UK
- Stargate Atlantis: Inheiritors on Amazon US
- Fandemonium on Facebook
- Fandemonium on Twitter