Joel was the main composer on the TV series Stargate SG-1. However, the main titles were written by David Arnold, who composed the score to Stargate film. On Stargate: Atlantis he composed the main titles and the series.
In 2006, Joel also composed the music to the video game, Call of Duty 3, which was his first move into the video game scene.
He died on April 29, 2012 at the age of 54.
- Brotherhood of the Gun
- Helen of Troy (TV miniseries)
- Joshua Tree
- Kull the Conqueror
- Man's Best Friend
- Moon 44
- Ricky I
- Star Trek: First Contact (in which he collaborated with his father)
- The Man With Two Brains
- The Rift (Film, also known as La Grieta)
- The Untouchables
- Joel is the son of famous and critically acclaimed composer, Jerry Goldsmith.
- Wrote the 2nd season theme for the TV series Martial Law (1998) after scoring several episodes.
Stepson of Carol Heather Goldsmith.