Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Out of universe information|
After Dr. Daniel Jackson deciphered the code to reactivate the Stargate, Ferretti was selected to join Jackson in Colonel Jack O'Neill's team on the first expedition through the device. The team traveled to Abydos and exited the gate inside the Temple of Ra. O'Neill ordered the team to secure the pyramid and scan the perimeter but the group discovered no structures or signs of civilization near the giant pyramid and O'Neill soon ordered them to prepare to return to Earth. Jackson, however, announced that he had been unable to locate the cartouche detailing the address required to return home. Major Charles Kawalsky accused Jackson of lying and pushed him to the ground. Realizing that they were stranded on the desert world, O'Neill ordered his troops to establish a base camp near the pyramid.
When Jackson was dragged off by a Mastadge, he was among the soldiers who stayed at the base camp. After encountering the Abydonians, Lt. Brown radioed Ferretti and ordered him to keep base camp secured until their return. When a sandstorm hit the camp, the team was forced to retreat to the pyramid for cover. While waiting out the storm, Ra's Cheops class warship landed on the pyramid. Hearing the noises, the team took up defensive positions. When Ra's Horus Guards entered the pyramid, Ferretti was hit over the head with the end of a staff weapon and taken prisoner aboard Ra's ship.
He and the rest of the men were due to be executed by Jackson in a show of allegiance to Ra, but at the last second it was learned that the Abydonians were armed and Jackson instead fired on Ra, allowing Ferretti and the rest to escape. During the Abydonian rebellion, Freeman was carrying Ferretti, who was injured, to safety. During this, Freeman was shot in the back of the head, making him the final casualty of the expedition. While O'Neill and Jackson escaped on a Mastadge, he and Kawalsky escaped on foot with the Abydonian and rendezvoused at the Caves of Kaleemah.
While in the caves, O'Neill and Jackson inform them of the Mark III Nuclear warhead that Ra intends to send to Earth. The group plans to join the Abydonian caravan to deliver Naquadah as tribute to Ra. When they arrive at the pyramid, Kawalsky and Ferretti stayed outside until they heard a firefight breakout inside and attempted to assist. The Horus Guards closed the door and fired his staff weapon at their feet, knocking them down. The Death Gliders approach and fire at the group. Kawalsky tips over the carts for cover and the group takes cover but Nabeh was killed.
Running low on ammo and unable to defeat Death Gliders, Kawalsky surrenders and the Gliders land. The Horas Guards approach but before they can execute them Kasuf and thousands of Abydonians attack the Guards and defeat them as O'Neill and Jackson destroy Ra's ship with the nuclear warhead. Kawalsky and Ferretti join the Abydonians in saluting O'Neill. After saying their farewell's to Jackson, who chose to stay behind, they step through the Stargate and return to Earth. (Stargate)
When the Stargate on Earth was reopened, he journeyed back to Abydos along with Colonel Jack O'Neill, Captain Samantha Carter, Major Charles Kawalsky and a few other soldiers. When Apophis' forces attacked Abydos, Ferretti was badly injured. He managed to identify the gate coordinates Apophis entered before escaping through the gate. (SG1: "Children of the Gods")
Ferretti was made commanding officer of SG-2 following the death of Major Charles Kawalsky. When Major General George S. Hammond ordered him to retrieve SG-1 for court-martial, he was unable to comply as SG-1 had Gated aboard Klorel's Ha'tak and it had taken off, rendering the gate coordinates invalid. (SG1: "Within the Serpent's Grasp")
- He became very angry when he discovered Daniel Jackson didn't know how to redial the gate on Abydos, but later told him that "I always knew you'd get us back."
- He has heard of "Major Matt Mason". When Samantha Carter stated she played with the astronaut doll as a girl, he asked her if she had "that cool little backpack that made him fly?"
- He greeted Daniel Jackson with the Vulcan salute when they returned to Abydos.
- The members of SG-1 seem to be on good terms with him.
- Aside from O'Neill and Jackson, Feretti was the closest to seeing Ra without his mask as the latter was rising from his sarcophagus.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Ferretti has not appeared since the first season of Stargate SG-1, though he was briefly mentioned in the third-season episode "Shades of Grey" as a possible candidate to replace the recently discharged O'Neill (Later revealed to have been part of an attempt to infiltrate a rogue branch of the NID that was stealing alien technology), indicating he was still on staff at Stargate Command, though it's unknown whether he was still commanding officer of SG-2 at the time.
- In the feature film, his name was spelled with one "R" instead of two.
- Also in the feature film he appears to be an NCO rather than an officer as he is wearing the insignia of a Technical Sergeant when he is brought before Ra.