|Point(s) of origin|
|Number of Suns|
|Number of Moons|
Former location of Atlantis
|Under control of||
|Out of universe information|
Stargate: Atlantis (seasons 4-5)
- "It's stable atmosphere, big ocean. Besides the large, particularly venomous snake-like creature that inhabits the mainland, it looks to be a welcoming environment."
- —Rodney McKay
New Lantea, designated M35-117 by the Tau'ri, is a planet in the Pegasus galaxy, to which Atlantis was relocated following its departure from Lantea in 2007. Before Atlantis came here, the planet had no Stargate and could only be reached by ship.
The planet has an Earth-like atmospheric composition capable of supporting life, and its sun is a "Class-G" star. Similar to Lantea, it also has a large ocean, in which Atlantis previously resided. Its mainland is notable for a large, venomous Snake-like creature, and is home to a plant very similar to Earth's Begonia eiromischa, which was declared officially extinct in 2007. It has five moons, though only two are visible to the unaided eye. The planet is prone to ionospheric storms. (ATL: "Lifeline", "Quarantine", "Remnants")
The planet was selected after Dr. Elizabeth Weir was captured by the Asurans, in part because it had never been considered by the expedition before; Weir would therefore have no knowledge of it. Keeping its location secret is considered of top priority to prevent the Asurans from finding and destroying Atlantis. (ATL: "Lifeline", "Reunion")
As revealed in an Alternate timeline, the sun of the system will die and turn into a red giant in about 48,000 years. This causes the planet to become hotter and hotter until eventually the oceans will turn to deserts and the atmosphere will burn off, killing all life on the planet. Regardless, the city of Atlantis itself seemed to have survived in relatively intact condition. The red giant will eventually happen in this reality. (ATL: "The Last Man")
Later, the front half of a diseased Hive ship sank in the ocean after landing on the surface. The Wraith named Todd, Lt. Colonel John Sheppard's team, Major Evan Lorne's team and another team of marines were rescued by a rescue team in Puddle Jumpers before the ship sank. (ATL: "Infection")
- In the first alternate reality, Sheppard's team visited on an alternate Daedalus, Atlantis did not appear to be there.
- In the second alternate reality, Sheppard's team visited on an alternate Daedalus, Atlantis was under attack from an unknown ship.
- In the third alternate reality, Sheppard's team visited on an alternate Daedalus the planet's sun was a red giant, something which was not predicted to happen in the main universe for around 48,000 years.
- In the fourth alternate reality, Sheppard's team visited on an alternate Daedalus, the planet appeared to have been impacted by a large space object, possibly a giant meteor, destroying it and forming a cloud of asteroids. This may have occurred thousands, even millions of years ago. (ATL: "The Daedalus Variations")