Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Near ascension occurs when a Human is evolving to the point of Ascension, but has not yet shed his or her physical form to become pure energy. A normal human on average uses at most 10% of his or her brain at any one time, but they require use of at least 92% to ascend. Pre-ascension is when brain activity is over average but the user is not yet Ascended. This usually gives them special abilities due to the heightened brain activity. The abilities become stronger and more diverse as the brain activity increases. Shortly after leaving the Alteran Home Galaxy, the Ancients began to develop these abilities, and eventually ascended, but some of the technology they left behind has allowed others to follow the same path. The Ori also ascended (but later than the Ancients,) and without the assistance of technology.
- Healing; Near-ascended humans have the power to heal themselves rapidly and also the ability to heal others with minor to major wounds, even those caused by a direct Staff weapon hit. They can also cure the Ancient contagion. Priors have shown the ability to cure the Ori plague, though it is unknown if this is through technology or their near-ascended power. (SG1: "Frozen", "Lost City, Part 2", "Flesh and Blood") (SGA: "Tao of Rodney", "Epiphany")
- Enhanced biology; Near-ascension also grants super-hearing and sight when the human brain reaches activity of 60%. (SG1: "Prototype") (SGA: "Tao of Rodney")
- Foresight; Near-ascension allows the user to see visions of the future and share them with others. These visions have always come true, although the user cannot tell when or where what he sees will happen, or under what context. (SGA: "The Seer")
- Lightning; This ability allows the user to summon strikes of lightning, out of the sky or local planet's atmosphere, to vanquish groups of soldiers. (SG1: "The Quest, Part 2")
- Telekinesis; This is powerful enough to hold doors shut and throw people back. It can also block vocal chords, stopping people from speaking. (SG1: "Counterstrike", "The Quest, Part 2", "Dominion")(SGA: "Tao of Rodney")
- Telepathy; This is the ability that allows a being to read the mind of another being or communicating with them by putting thoughts in their heads. (SG1: "Prototype") (SGA: "Tao of Rodney")
- Psychokinesis; This ability allows the bearer to move things they cannot see with the power of their mind. Psychokinetics are even able to affect complex machinery whose inner workings are foreign to them. (SGA: "Tao of Rodney") (SG1: "Prototype")
- Pyrokinesis; Is a mental ability that involves the manipulation of fire. Adria has demonstrated that she possesses pyrokinesis, as have Priors. (SG1: "Origin", "Flesh and Blood")
- Energy beams; The ability to fire an energy beam from their hands. These can overpower even powerful personal energy shields and can stun or kill the target. (SG1: "The Quest, Part 2", "The Shroud")
- Torture; Priors of the Ori had the ability to deliver excruciating pain to humans and it is likely all near-ascended can also. (SG1: "Line in the Sand", "The Ark of Truth")