Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Original air date|
Torri Higginson as Dr. Elizabeth Weir
|SG-1 Season 8|
|Season 7||Season 9|
- This episode is part 2 of 2; it is preceded by "New Order, Part 1".
Colonel Jack O'Neill's knowledge of the Ancients has managed to form a means to defeat the Replicators. Major Samantha Carter is still held prisoner by Fifth, who admits that he loves her. On Earth, the three System Lords test the operation of the weapon in Antarctica, by sending a ship to Earth. Later Dr. Daniel Jackson is also sent to Othala to fight the Replicators.
Previously on Stargate SG-1Edit
SG-1 manages to find an Ancient outpost in Antarctica and uses it to destroy Anubis' fleet. Colonel Jack O'Neill is then placed in a Stasis pod. Major Samantha Carter and Teal'c take Ronan's Tel'tak to the Othalla galaxy in an attempt to contact the Asgard. Thor's ship, the Daniel Jackson, is boarded by Replicators and Carter is beamed away. The Asgard fleet is forced to destroy the Replicator ship when it reaches Orilla. Meanwhile, the Goa'uld System Lords contact Stargate Command and offer to negotiate. However when the talks stall, the System Lords send a ship to attack Earth.
Thor is informed by Penegal of the Asgard High Council that several Replicator blocks rained down on Orilla and started to infest Asgard systems needed to save the minds and cloned bodies of the Asgard. And the Asgard aren't able to evacuate their new home. In the meantime the Prometheus manned by Colonel Lionel Pendergast waits in Earth orbit on the Ha'tak but it turns out that the ship is in fact Thor's ship and they are greeted by Teal'c. At Stargate Command Dr. Daniel Jackson informs the System Lords that their ship was destroyed by Ba'al and he is suddenly beamed aboard Thor's ship, the Daniel Jackson. After he is greeted Thor beams up Colonel Jack O'Neill, whose Ancient-knowledge would be the key to destroy the Replicators.
Meanwhile Major Samantha Carter wakes up in a bed and it turns out that she is in a large farmhouse in Montana. She is greeted by Pete Shanahan but doesn't believe that this all is real. However Pete tells her that she left SGC a year ago due to mental stress and after some time she finally agrees to eat something. After a meal she says that she still does not believe that this is real which makes Pete angry. Finally Pete transforms into Fifth who tells her that he loves her. She however tells him that she can't love him back so he threatens to make her very unhappy.
On Thor's ship he connects O'Neill's mind with the computer of his ship with a stasis pod sustaining his life and the computer translating Ancient. Finally O'Neill talks to them through the ship's communication system, and he plays around a little, making the lights in the room flash off and on. He then shows himself as a hologram and starts to work on something to fight the Replicators. After some time an alarm sounds because the Ancient knowledge must be erased and O'Neill is barely able to finish his work before he is woken up. When he gets up he still feels dizzy and doesn't remember what happened. Meanwhile Thor materializes the device which O'Neill created but he doesn't know what it is. Suddenly they are contacted by Penegal who informs them that the Replicators on Orilla seem to be controlled by a Human-form Replicator and so SG-1 hopes that Carter survived but it turns out that the Asgard found no life signs of her. Then the communication is disrupted.
At SGC Dr. Elizabeth Weir visits Yu's First Prime Oshu who asks her to let them go to fight against Ba'al since he commands the full force of Anubis' fleets with which he would control the galaxy. Later she visits Camulus who wants to request asylum since his forces were destroyed. Finally the System Lords are allowed to leave but Amaterasu tells Weir to tell Camulus that he will be forever branded a traitor and a coward.
While Thor still does researches on the Ancient device he is contacted by Aegir, commander of the Valhalla, who tells him that they found the remains of a human-form Replicator in space, which Thor beams on board. He then tries to enter the Replicator communication network. Thanks to this they find out where Carter is but then the human-form Replicator wakes up, repairs itself, resists beaming and takes control of the ship. The three humans’ fire on him but to no avail until O'Neill uses the Replicator disruptor to destroy the Replicator. Thanks to this new information Thor will be able to generate a large version of the weapon to destroy all Replicators on Orilla.
In the meantime SG-1 beams down on the planet to rescue Carter. They are quickly attacked by Replicators which they start to destroy until Fifth appears, who threatens to kill Carter. O'Neill is then contacted by Thor but suddenly all the Replicators start to move in one direction. SG-1 tries to destroy as much of them as possible until they see a massive Replicator ship in the form of a large spider. Meanwhile Carter talks with Fifth, who tells her what is happening. She tries to talk some sense into him when suddenly the spider reveals itself to be a ship as well; it lifts off and immediately enters hyperspace. Afterward, Thor activates the massive disruptor which destroys all remaining Replicators on the planet. He then detects another life sign in the proximity of the three humans and it turns out to be Carter. So SG-1 is finally reunited.
Some time later O'Neill visits Weir who tells him that she will supervise the Antarctic outpost. She also tells him that Major General George S. Hammond will be the new director of the new unofficial Department of "Homeworld Security" and that the new commander of SGC will be Brigadier General Jack O'Neill since The Pentagon believes he's perfect for the job.
Although he is happy about the promotion he doesn't like to be in charge of something, which he also points out during his meeting with SG-1. However they assure him that he is the best for this position but that there are also new challenges for all of them.
The next day, with the Embarkation Room having been decorated, Weir approaches the podium and states that although her time here has been brief, it has been enjoyable and vows that she will remember everyone before thanking them for their hard work.
Weir also says that she is not one for long goodbyes before announcing that she will introduce the SGC personnel to their new Commanding Officer: Brigadier General Jack O'Neill.
The blast door opens and all the military personnel assume the stance as Jack walks in. Once he's reached the mike, he tells all the military to be at ease before telling them that he hopes can be as good a leader as they've had in the past with Daniel saying, "Here, here", causing the room to erupt with applause.
Jack then announces that his first order of business as Commander of the SGC is to announce that Sam has been promoted from Major to Lt. Colonel which has Sam herself stunned.
Sam then heads up the stage and as Walter announces Sam's promotion, Jack removes Sam's Major golden oak leaves before he replaces them with the silver oak leaves associated with those of a Lieutenant Colonel.
The two then salute each other with Jack announcing Sam by her new rank, Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter.
After some more applause, the ceremony resumes with Carter raising her right hand and repeating the words that Jack says which suggests that they're presumably in the process of doing an oath that has Carter swearing her allegiance to the United States military, particularly the Air Force.
On the Replicator ship which is travelling through space, Fifth is busy making final preparations and as soon as it's finished, his Replicator brethen scurry away with Fifth telling the being in question not to be afraid.
As it emerges from its makeshift area, the camera pans around to reveal that Fifth's creation is a Human-Form Replicator in the form of Carter.
Ancient; Antarctica; Antarctic outpost; Asgard communicator; Asgard High Council; Aspirin; Ba'al; Battle of Antarctica; Chicken; Consciousness transfer device; Daniel Jackson; Dog; Lt. General George S. Hammond; President Henry Hayes; Homeworld Security; Horse; Human-form Replicator; Molecular construction device; Montana; Neutronium; Orilla; Pancake; The Pentagon; Pig; Prometheus; Replicators; Replicator attack on Orilla; Replicator disruptor; Replicator disruptor cannon; Repository of knowledge; SPAS-12 semiautomatic shotgun; Spider ship; Stasis pod; System Lords; Valhalla; Washington D.C.; White House
Thor: You cannot even begin to comprehend the extent of what was unfolding in O'Neill's mind. Our scientists long ago extracted parts of the Ancient library of knowledge ... and learned much from it. But we have been studying it for as long as I can remember, and we have barely scratched the surface.
Jackson: Soooo ... we'd be looking for a needle in a haystack.
Thor: A haystack of infinite size.
Jackson: That's big.
Camulus: This may come as a surprise to you.
Weir: Oh, I'm not sure anything can surprise me at this point.
Camulus: I wish to request asylum.
Weir: Well, it seems I was wrong again.
Camulus: My fleet was destroyed shortly before my arrival here. So it is not true that I will be more use to you out there than here. All that awaits me is defeat and shame. But if I remain here perhaps I can be of some use to you here.
(When SG-1 is discussing the pros and cons of a potential promotion)
O'Neill: (in a sort of surprised tone) I've never had a desk.
Jackson: That's a?
Carter: For the record, Sir, you do have a desk.
O'Neill: I do?
O'Neill: I've spent my whole life, sticking it to the man... If I do this, I'll be the man... I don't think I can be the man.
- Michael Shanks plays four different characters in this episode: Dr. Daniel Jackson, Thor, Aegir, and Penegal.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Colonel Lionel Pendergast played by Barclay Hope. Hope is best known for playing Physicist Peter Axon on Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal which Damian Kindler and Robert C. Cooper were writers for and General Mansfield on Eureka.
- James Bamford (Eighth) is the fight coordinator for Stargate SG-1 and stunt coordinator for Stargate: Atlantis.
- Colonel Jack O'Neill is promoted to Brigadier General in this episode and assumes command over the SGC. Richard Dean Anderson requested a somewhat smaller role in the show so he would have to spend less time on location shoots, allowing him to spend more time with his family.
- Major General George Hammond is promoted to Lieutenant General and assumes command over the newly formed Department of Home World Security in Washington D.C.. Don S. Davis left Stargate SG-1 as a regular cast member due to his declining health, but does make guest appearances on following episodes, as well as Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate: Continuum.
- When communications between Thor's ship and the planet are disrupted, an error message is shown in Goa'uld hieroglyphs rather than Asgard runes.
- When Teal'c, Jack and Daniel are in the woods on the Asgard planet, Daniel is wearing a mismatched uniform. He is wearing the green tactical pants and the black tactical jacket. Further, when he was beamed up from Stargate Command to Thor's ship and moments before he was beamed to the surface, he was wearing a green tactical jacket.
- Teal'c, while on the cargo ship that was destroyed by the black hole and while on Thor's ship was wearing only a black tactical sleeveless vest, yet when he is beamed to the Asgard planet he is suddenly wearing a black tactical jacket.
- Note: All uniform discrepancies can be explained by there being black "mission" uniforms included in the considerable arsenal on Thor's ship. Daniel could have switched out his green on-base jacket for the only available (black) mission jacket alternative, and Teal'c could have gotten his black mission jacket from the same source. This being the case, Daniel continuing to wear his green on-base pants and Jack continuing to wear the green mission uniform he started out in is actually added realism.
- Nominated Gemini for "Best Visual Effects" (Michelle Comens, James Halverson, Brett Keyes, Krista McLean, Bradley Mullennix, James Rorick, Craig Van Den Biggelaar and Karen Watson)
- French: Mésalliance (2ème partie) (Misalliance (part 2))
- Italian: Un Nuovo Ordine (Parte 2) (A New Order (part 2))
- Spanish: Un Nuevo Orden (Parte 2) (A New Order (part 2))
- Czech: Časy se mění (2. část) (The Times are changing (part 2))
- German: Neue Machtverhältnisse, Teil 2 (New Power Relations, Part 2)
- Hungarian: Új világrend (2. rész) (New World Order (part 2))
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at New Order (Stargate SG-1). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with SGCommand, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|