Pregnancy is a biological condition between impregnation and child birth in which the females of any sexually reproducing species, including Humans, carry the offspring to term. Among the humans in both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies, many cases of pregnancies have been encountered by Stargate Command personnel.
People seen pregnantEdit
- Thetys; When arriving on Argos in 1997, SG-1 discovered a couple, Alekos and his wife Thetys, who was about to give birth. Dr. Daniel Jackson had to become midwife and help delivered the baby boy the parents; the boy was to be named "Dan-el", after Jackson. Captain Samantha Carter noticed that the mother was right on foot just after the birth with her child in her arms. (SG1: "Brief Candle")
- Sha're; Whilst under the control of the Goa'uld Amaunet, she and Apophis conceived a Harcesis. In order for the child to be born healthy, Amaunet hibernated until Sha're gave birth. (SG1: "Secrets")
- Laira; After a Meteor shower strike on Edora, known as the "fire rain", the Stargate was buried, stranding Colonel Jack O'Neill for three months. In the meantime, he helped restore the Edoran community, and spent time with Laira. Before SG-1 managed to return to the planet, Laira wished to have a child; O'Neill reluctantly returned on Earth, leaving Laira behind. While watching him depart, she touched her belly, but whether she is pregnant was left unclear what happened to her next, but a pregnancy is strongly implied. (SG1: "A Hundred Days")
- Vala Mal Doran; While stuck in the Alteran Home Galaxy, Vala was impregnated by the Ori with the Orici, an Ori in human form. After returning to the Milky Way, she gave birth to the child she named Adria. (SG1: "Crusade", "Camelot", "Flesh and Blood")
- Teyla Emmagan; Became pregnant with Torren John Emmagan. She gives birth to her child inside Michael's cruiser, with the help of Dr. Rodney McKay. She names her child Torren John after her father and Lt. Colonel John Sheppard. (SGA: "Search and Rescue")
- Lt. Tamara Johansen; T.J. became pregnant with Colonel Everett Young's baby, with whom she had an affair on Icarus Base. She told the fellow expedition members of her condition whilst moving to the planet Eden. After getting shot in the stomach, she lost her baby. (SGU: "Faith")
Behind the scenesEdit
- Amanda Tapping had her first child with her husband Alan: Olivia was born in 2005. She missed the first five episodes of Season 9 because of it.
- In June 2007, the producers of Stargate: Atlantis confirmed that Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan) and her husband, Loyd Bateman, were expecting their first child. The pregnancy was written into the storyline. Luttrell gave birth to a boy named Caden Dar in October 2007.
- Alaina Huffman (Tamara Johansen) has three children with her husband John: a son, Elijah, and two daughters Hanna and the youngest of whom, Charley-Jane, was born December 8th, 2009. The latter pregnancy coincided with the first season of Stargate Universe, and was written into the plot.