Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Original air date|
Bonnie Bartlett as Linea
|SG-1 Season 2|
|Season 1||Season 3|
By helping a panicked planet native, SG-1 get into trouble and are sent to a prison planet with no way of "gating out". Their chance of survival lies on an elderly woman, Linea but Linea is not who she appears to be...
SG-1 are exploring a planet which according to Colonel Jack O'Neill has nothing to offer but "trees and moss" and have just decided to leave when a panicked native named Roshure stumbles into them, claiming he is being chased by "Taldor". SG-1 take him with them but are suddenly transported to a circle of light where disembodied voices find them guilty of aiding a murderer, and trespassing with weapons - Dr. Daniel Jackson realizes that "Taldor" means "Justice". For their crimes SG-1 are sentenced to life imprisonment in "Hadante", an underground prison accessible only through a Stargate which has no Dial Home Device.
On arrival Captain Samantha Carter is attacked by another inmate but the attack is stopped by an older female inmate named "Linea", who the others appear to fear. Afterwards SG-1 explores the prison and decide that if they find an energy source they could dial out manually. Carter and Linea then become friendly and they talk about their world and power. Linea then reveals that she can create cold fusion using organic ingredients. Carter realizes that they can use the power generated to activate the gate and dial out by hand.
Later the gate activates and the inmates scramble to collect a gruel-like substance that is sent through as food. This reveals that there is a strict pecking order, with Linea at the top. While they eat Linea reveals to them why she is in this prison.
Meanwhile, SG-3 has been sent to investigate while SG-1 is missing, and converse with the aliens. After returning to Stargate Command, they inform Major General George S. Hammond that SG-1 won't be freed. Hammond decides to talk with the people on the other world himself, but is also unable to get them to free SG-1.
In Hadante SG-1 and Linea wait until the other inmates are distracted by food and then escape by going to P2A-509 where they know SG-3 are due to be. Unknown to SG-1 Simian manages to slip through the Stargate just as it closes. They borrow a GDO from SG-3 to open the iris and gate back to Earth.
Hoping that Linea may have useful knowledge Carter shows her how to operate the Stargate Command computer and reveals the existence of the Stargate network and the Stargate addresses they have. Afterwards Linea uses a hand device to render Carter unconscious.
SG-3 captures Simian and brings him to Earth as well. When he is questioned he reveals that Linea is the notorious criminal nicknamed the "Destroyer of Worlds", who created a disease which wiped out an entire planet (apparently in order to satisfy her scientific curiosity). An immediate search of the base is started to locate Linea but she is already in the gate room and has locked up the computers to prevent interference.
Linea escapes through the gate, leaving a message on the computer "Thank you for your kindness. All debts have now been paid". SG-1 realize that they have freed a psychopathic mass murderer and given her access to hundreds of worlds.
|Appearances for Prisoners|
O'Neill: All right, kids, we're due back. Unless you can tell me you've discovered something earth-shattering I'm ready to bag this one.
Jackson: We practically just got here. We have no idea what this planet has to offer.
O'Neill: Trees and moss.
O'Neill: Okay, kids. This is our situation. What do we need?
Jackson: Well. A dial-home-device would be nice.
O'Neill: Okay, let's assume we don't find one of those. What else?
Carter: Power to free up the super conductive ring on the Stargate.
Teal'c: So that we may dial the Gate manually.
Carter: It's worked before.
O'Neill: Right. So we're looking for a power source. Teal'c, look scary and take point.
O'Neill: Daniel, you gotta trust me. (takes off Daniel's glasses and put them in his pocket) A sign of weakness is not a good thing in prison.
Simian: You are very strong, yes?
Teal'c: I am.
Simian: Maybe you challenge Vishnoor? Maybe you win? Maybe... I be your friend?
Teal'c: (cocks head and raises eyebrow) Maybe not.
Carter: Linea has a power source. And not just any power source either; this is incredible.
Jackson: And she's just going to hand it over?
O'Neill: If we take her back with us.
Jackson: Well can we just do that? I mean, we don't even know what she's in here for.
Carter: What are we in here for?
O'Neill: Jaywalking, I think?
Teal'c: Clearly, Linea has done something to earn the respect of these prisoners.
Jackson: Well, when she warned that man to stay away from Sam, I saw fear in his eyes. Not respect.
O'Neill: I'm just going to assume you've never been in prison before.
Jackson: Oh, right. And—and you have?
O'Neill: Oh, yeah. Any place like this has its own set of rules, and they don't have to make sense. Linea's obviously done whatever she's needed to do to survive. Just like we are.
(Standing in front of the active Stargate)
Hammond: Well, here goes.
Kovacek: Since this is your first time, sir, a quick word of advice. It's better to exhale just prior to crossing the event horizon. One's instinct is to inhale immediately upon arriving on the other side. Also-
Hammond: I think I'll figure it out on the way. (pause) You're sure they dialed the correct address?
Kovacek: Yes, sir.
Hammond: The things I do for these people.
O'Neill: And this just came to you?
Jackson: No, it came to me while I was suffocating.
Computer Screen: Thank you for your kindness. All debts have been paid.
Carter: We let her out.
Jackson: The Destroyer of Worlds.
(SG-1 unexpectedly return to Earth)
General Hammond: Where in the name of Heaven did you come from?!
Colonel O'Neill: Prison, actually. We just broke out.
- This episode marks the first time that Major General George S. Hammond goes through the Stargate. He would later do so again in "Into the Fire" and "Fallen". When he does so, it is also the first time that the view is behind the Stargate as someone crosses the event horizon.
- "Hadante" could be a portmanteau of "Hades" (Greek god of the underworld) and "Dante" (author of the Inferno).
- It is revealed in this episode that SG teams have different assignments (or designations) and that SG-9 is a "diplomatic" team.
- This episode, along with "Rising" and Stargate: Continuum, are the only times that Australia is mentioned.
- The Linea storyline is wrapped up in "Past and Present" where Linea is left to live a new life a Ke'ra, a younger memory-less version of her who has none of her psychopathic personality.
- When asked whether he had been in jail before, Colonel Jack O'Neill reveals that he has. In "A Matter of Time", it was revealed that he spent four months in an Iraqi prison after he was left for dead on a mission and captured.
- Linea's sobriquet, "The Destroyer of Worlds", is also used by the Daleks to describe the Doctor, in the Doctor Who story "Remembrance of the Daleks" as well as their creator Davros in the story "Journey's End".
- Major General George S. Hammond is wearing the SG-1 insignia badge while meeting the Taldor. He should have an SGC patch to show he works at Stargate Command but not as part of an SG team.
- Dr. Daniel Jackson states that the original name for Sydney Harbour was Botany Bay. The original name for Sydney Harbour was actually "Port Jackson" (c. 1789). Botany Bay was, and still is located SW of Sydney Harbour.
- French: Perpétuité (Perpetuity)
- German: Zerstörerin der Welten (Destroyer of Worlds)
- Italian: Prigionieri (Prisoners)
- Spanish: Prisioneros (Prisoners)
- Czech: Ve vězení (In Prison)
- Hungarian: Világok gyilkosa (Destroyer of Worlds)
- Russian: Заключённые (Prisoners)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Prisoners (Stargate SG-1). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with SGCommand, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|