Richard Dean Anderson is the Executive Producer of Stargate SG-1 and plays the key role of Jack O'Neill.
Richard Dean Anderson was born January 23rd, 1950. Mr. Anderson has a long acting history. Probably his most famous previous series was MacGyver. He was also in General Hospital and a variety of other movies and series. See external links below for more about his non-Stargate roles.
Richard Dean Anderson's sense of humor is reputed to have had a strong influence on the show.
In 2004, Richard Dean Anderson was made an honorary Brigadier General of the United States Air Force in recognition of his contributions to Stargate: SG-1. The show has been highly praised by the Air Force for its positive and accurate portrayal of the service. The last man to receive this award was actor James (Jimmy) Stewart in 1987.
- Colonel/Brigadier General/Major General/Lt. General Jack O'Neill (See: List of appearances)
- Jack O'Neill's from Alternate Realities (SG1: "There But for the Grace of God", "Point of View")
- Jack O'Neill's from alternate timelines (SG1: "2010", "Moebius, Part 1", "Moebius, Part 2", "Continuum")
- Jack O'Neill from Dr. Elizabeth Weir's 'dream' (ATL: "The Real World")
- Jack O'Neill (Unity) (SG1: "Cold Lazarus")
- Jack O'Neill (android) (SG1: "Tin Man", "Double Jeopardy")
- Jack O'Neill from Samantha Carter's Hallucination (SG1: "Grace")
- Teal'c (SG1: "Holiday")
- Daniel Jackson (SG1: "Holiday")