Stargate Origins (also stylized as Stargate: Origins) is the upcoming fourth live-action series of the Stargate franchise, set for a fall 2017 release exclusively on MGM's new digital platform, "Stargate Command". The series was announced on July 20, 2017 at the 2017 San Diego Comic Con as part of Stargate SG-1's 20th anniversary celebration. The series will be directed by Mercedes Bryce Morgan, with writers Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry. New Form, MGM’s digital group and entertainment studio, will produce the series.
Stargate Origins will serve as a prequel to Stargate SG-1 and will explore the backstory of Dr. Catherine Langford, the daughter of Professor Langford - the man who discovered the Stargate in Giza, Egypt in 1928, as depicted in the 1994 feature film Stargate. The series will consist of 10 episodes, each 10 minutes in length, essentially a 10-episode feature length movie, and will expand upon the existing mythology of the Stargate franchise.
The potential for additional episodes of the series beyond the 10 announced episodes exists, pending the series' reception. Pre-production of Stargate Origins is currently underway, with filming set to begin in August 2017.
- Ellie Gall as the young Catherine Langford
- Connor Trinneer as Professor Langford, father of Catherine and the man who found the Stargate at a dig at Giza.
- Justin Michael Terry as ?
- Salome Azizi as ?
- Philip Alexander as ?
- Michelle Jubilee Gonzalez as ?
- Daniel Rashid as ?
- Sarah Navratil as ?
- Shvan Aladdin as ?
- Tonatiuh Elizarraraz as ?
- Derek Chariton as ?
- Lincoln Werner Hoppe as ?
- ↑ Stargate Origins Trademark Status & Document Retrieval at uspto.
- ↑ Official announcement on StargateCommand.co
- Stargate Origins on IMDb