Anyone else here think the Vanir are a bunch of retards? They manage to make enemies of every advanced race in the Pegasus by turning on the Attero device, while I'm pretty sure the Tau'ri would have helped them resettle elsewhere outside Pegasus. Ok, they propably didn't know about the Atlantis expedition beforehand, but they could have turned off the device after their talk with Jackson. --- Unregistered
All ships can open hyperspace windows in atmosphere. The X-302 did it and the replicator ship in New Order, Part 2 did it, so it doesn't reflect on how advanced a race is if they an do that. So lets not include that.—Anubis 10545 23:25, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
They can but they've never arrived in atmosphere like that and they never jumped in that close to the water. And those previous two times were in desperation: the X-302 had no way of getting to space and Carter mentioned there was a risk opening one in the atmosphere but they had no choice in that instance and the Replicator ship would have never gotten away in time if it tried to make it to space for the jump.
- I know. But maybe the Lost tribe was acting in desperation as they wanted to get the device quickly. There's no way to know for sure so lets just not include it yet.—Anubis 10545 00:24, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Any ship can leave hyperspace wherever it wants- problem is the ships inertia- if it can not decelarate fast enough it would get crushed on the surface. Plus it would have been hell for precise navigation. (Sensors of most races do not see out of hyperspace... probably only ones that were really shown to do it were those of Ida Asgard.)
- And Vanir leader told they lacked resources to rebuild their intergalactic ships- at very least they would need neutronium to do so and that is not easy to come by. Add a certain paranoia from venturing to extremly hostile galaxy and there is no reason why they did what they could with resources they have- taken a toxic planet without a Stargate probably in solar system that lacked most of resources so it did not attract anyone. They had intergalactic hyperdrives and powersources to utilize them 10000 years ago. (they were probably even more outnubered than the Anciets). Besides Jackson could have offered them alternative- ressetling to Milky way or even Ida and problem would have gone away.--Paeris (talk) (Contribs) 09:45, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
im curious...how do we knoew they are asgard?—Kwoosh..x 11:00, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- I believe Anubis answered that question on Talk:First Contact, something about a link to Youtube. -- Matthew R Dunn 11:24, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- yup i just watched it :O i cudnt believe it—Kwoosh..x 11:25, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
i have taken some snapshots of the asgard, its not the best quality, shall i put them on the artice (i ask because im unsure if i can as the episode has not aired yet)—Kwoosh..x 11:26, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- I couldn't believe it either. I suppose adding the screenshot would be OK, just as long as you add a spoiler warning or something. -- Matthew R Dunn 11:32, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- the images are in fact not that bad :) *feels so proud* lol —Kwoosh..x 12:08, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
It appears that the origanal Asgard in the Ida galaxy are more advanced, they have larger and very powerful ships that appear more powerful do to there ability to Ori weapons fire and Replicator ships and the lost tribe ship could not even withstand travlers weapons. Not that the travlers are not an advanced race but well there ships are beat up and made of scraps. The Lost Tribe might have more advanced ships like the Asgard. The Asgard had several different classes of ships each one more or less powerful than the other class. I don't know if the Lost Tribe has more advanced ships but I would think so. So what do you think.
I think that those are the only ships the Lost Tribe has. They said they're more powerful intergalactic ships were destroyed in the first battle with the Wraith and they didn't have the resources to build anymore. I think these ships were probably ones they developed while living in the Pegasus Galaxy and they're all they have left.
- Its quite possible, I personally think they scavenged remnants of Ancient technology to create what they have now but its very low tech compared to what they might have had. This is of course speculation though. —Darth Batrus 16:38, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
I've been woundering what happen to the lost tribe because we know that one ship survive the battle and escaped
- They will probably make an appearance in one of the Atlantis movies at some point. They are after all still living on their dying homeworld and need to make a push to secure their protection whilst not attracting anything that could destroy them. —Darth Batrus 22:11, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Anybody else think they're going to be in Stargate: Extinction? —AscendedAlteran 18:25, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for perhaps stating the obvious, but this article largely sounds like it makes the Vanir the original creators of the technology they're using, which to my opinion couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm convinced that the vast majority of it comes from the Lanteans themselves, and clues are all over the place to prove this.  --Mister Oragahn (talk) (Contribs) 16:50, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
Where did you get the name "Vanir"?
- Never mind...—Tau'ri 21300 04:08, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
I'm afraid that I have to second that question put forth above by Tau'ri.
You guys jumped on me quite awhile back for adding information that was not from Stargate, saying that adding anything other than information from that source is vandalism. In Stargate: Atlantis they were referred to as Asgard or "The Lost Tribe" and have never been called different, so where did you get that name?
can you prove it
- yea, just refer to my previous comment...—Anubis 10545 20:29, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- Here is what the source says, taken from GateWorld interview with Martin Gero;
- Marty G: Yeah. The evil Asgard are not going to get a name, unfortunately. I don't remember saying that they were going to have a name, to be honest.
- GateWorld: Oh, OK. I bet a long time ago that it was going to be "Vanir." A lot of people on the Web pages were thinking the same thing but that's too bad because I don't like "Evil Asgard." [Laughter]
- Marty G: OK, sure, the Vanir. Done.
- May sound vague, but it's the only official thing we have. -- Matthew R Dunn 21:27, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
so when i just watched an episode of universe i saw the space suits in that were remarkably similar to those worn by the Vanir. does anyone else thinks this is more than coincidence, or just the studio being thrifty and recycling the suits seen very shortly not thinking anyone would notice? mebadatbball 11:49, 10 march 2010 (UTC)
- I'm going to go with Recycled props on this one, its quite common, Stargate has done it once or twice before, with various devices sharing their appearance, but having nothing else in common.220.127.116.11 19:14, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
The history section of this article needs to be updated with the information from the novel Stargate Atlantis: Unascended. It includes among other things
- The Vanir experimenting with an Ancient Weather Control Device possibly for use on new planets to settle on by them.
- The Vanir trying to force an Ascended Asgard named Ran to unascend using an Ancient machine on some planet(one was found on Atlantis and the room sealed off years before) to get her undamged DNA to fix their damaged genome and possibly extract her ascended knowledge.
- The Vanir aiding Sora and other Genii in creating a means to unlock the ATA gene in her and other humans.
- Elizabeth Weir ascending and then unascending due to Ran and loing her memories then regaining them and being found by the expedition like Dniel was in Sg-1.
- Ran herself is an Asgard who ascended thousands of years ago and she has hair on her looks more like the Asgard ancestor found in SG-1 Esode Meridian but is the same size or slighty taller than main Asgard.
And that's all I remember at the moment but this article and several need to be updated with the information from this novel. The novels are canon by the way.
18.104.22.168 22:41, April 15, 2015 (UTC)