If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of this wiki, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Stargate Wiki.
- Manual of Style includes some basic Stargate Wiki formatting do's and don't's.
- Projects is a place to start if you want to focus on a specific theme, for example season 9 episodes of Stargate SG-1, or something else.
- Article templates for some pages that might help you in producing a great looking article.
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in our Community Portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Stargate Wiki!
Genii homeworld to GeniaEdit
Do you have a source for this? Like episode commentary, Magazine, a producer/writer's blog? -- SFH 22:40, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Given Sam's grasp of the English language and his terrible track record on this site, he either made it up, or took it from an unofficial fan site. And I have no qualms with offending Sam, as he has no respect for the rules and regulations of this wiki. "Colonelsam" is his...what...seventh sockpuppet? And he's circumventing how many bans by doing so? I'll admit, Sam (on very rare occasions) makes a valid contribution to the site in the form of a terribly written page, that we other editors can then make coherent and expand upon...but 99% of his contributions are either useless or his personal fanfic. On top of that, many editors (including myself) have tried to help Sam become a more valuable contributor to the site. Even if our motives are selfish in that we're tired of fixing his mistakes, he refuses to learn from his mistakes or listen to anything we say, so he clearly has no respect for us. Therefore, I have no respect for Sam. Every time I come across an incoherent unnamed planet page he's created, I die a little inside. —Ka'lel 05:00, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, Sam, but once again, we're blocking you. You moved a page without any evidence what so ever for the name, and we're done. This time, don't make a new account. -- SFH 04:27, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Bad: You have a poor grasp of the English language. Edit
You are being a hindrance again, Sam. If you don't know what that word means, it's bad. You have a loose grasp of the English language, do not ever make grammatical edits to an article. Kal'el T | C - 01:00, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I just noticed my comment above. A year later and you still haven't learned anything.
- - 01:07, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I promise to write batter english from now. Colonelsam (talk) (Contribs) 20:54, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I just wanted to mention here that I have noticed many more new articles created by you, the most recent - but by no means the only - being Gadmeer device and Thermometer. The English used in them is not up to the standard required for a wiki and I regret that I am now going to have to spend a fair bit of time moving and rewriting them... Sman789 (talk) (Contribs) 22:55, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
I wholeheartedly agree with Ka'lel and Sman789. Colonelsam's egregious grammar (and, in some cases, spelling) is an extreme nuisance. Each of his edits greatly diminishes the quality of this Wiki. As editors, we work to the highest standards, and Sam's disgraceful edits fail to uphold those standards. Just now, I completely rewrote his "Nicholas Rush" edit, which was full of grammatical errors. No rational person could have completely understood what he wrote on that page. Ka'lel: another year has been added since your first comment, and he still hasn't learned anything. Tilgath (talk) (Contribs) 16:59, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Apologies if the post seems too offensive. Just realize that it's been three years and your skills have not improved that much. I really hope that you will improve them, because it's always good to have more people who can edit rationally. Tilgath (talk) (Contribs) 17:02, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Sam, you've probably heard this alot but they are right. Learn to improve your english and don't use translate programs. Anubis 1996 T | C
New Articles Edit
Hello again, Sam. Please wait a while to create articles about upcoming SGU things. Most of the articles you're creating can honestly wait a week until we have more information on the subject. It will save us having to rewrite the information when we find out what really happens. Kal'el T | C - 03:50, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- i'm sure that could easily be interpreted as offensive. tacking on "no offense" to an offensive and unconstructive statement aimed at good-faith edits doesn't help anything, especially when the user is trying to solve the problem. ASDF1239 DISCUSSION 14:12, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- once again cant be held responsible for some things, i log out all the time but occasionally forget, sorry--Escyos (talk) (Contribs) 01:04, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Good you canif you dont edit bad english anymore you can copy it. You may still edit here but yust use better english. Coping is not a problem. --Anubis 1996 (talk) (Contribs) 19:03, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Why do you make an article about a man who yust stood in the gate room. There is no point in doing that. If we would set every character that appeared in an article we would be long busy. So why??? --Anubis 1996 (talk) (Contribs) 19:05, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
Marshall Sumner Alternate Fate Edit
How drowned in Marshall Sumner alternate timeline?
Drowned in a room three floors below the control room?