Hello! I am an Administrator on this wiki. If you want to talk to me about SGCommand related things, leave a message here (and sign by typing ~~~~ at the end); you can also look at my Memory Alpha talk page or email me. Thanks, Peter R 06:43, 13 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks to Alphax for the text.
- Any old discussions and dialogue can be found at the archive.
- All new subjects can be put on the bottom of this page.
I'm still in the process of browsing around to try and assess what needs doing that I can do, as a big SG fan... I have a reasonable amount of prior wiki experience both with the wiki of a local group ([http://www.morlug.org/ MorLUG) and MemoryAlpha here on wikia, though I don't do much in the way of editing there as it's pretty darn complete and good. I tend to watch recent changes regularly on them for vandalism, and will be doing the same here. I've also made a post the other night to the community page here to see if anyone can get screencaps to help me along with filling out some of the stubbier articles here. Over the next few weeks I'll be doing a lot of looking around and seeing what I can upgrade (for example, Claudia Black) as time permits.
I was also curious if this wiki has an IRC channel? Memoryalpha has one which I am in on freenode, and I'd love to meet/chat with some of the regulars here, too. Anyways, thanks, and I look forward to helping this wiki expand and improve. Mdh 04:00, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks fo your efforts. It's appreciated. And no, I don't know anything about an IRC channel. Take it up in the Community Portal, maybe someone knows how to fix that (however that works). Peter R 07:00, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
Double redirect for military rank abbreviations Edit
I just noticed that you changed/fixed my Col. → Colonel → Military Ranks double redirect. Before you did this, had you looked at Special:DoubleRedirects, you would have noticed that the military rank abbreviations were the only double redirects on this wiki. I patrol the special pages too, and am conflicted with what to do. The reason I left those there was because I am trying to encourage someone to write an article for Colonel. If I fixed the double redirect, it could be a while before anyone changed it back if an article was written. So, with that in mind, I ask you for a second opinion. Until then I will double redirect them again (half of the abbrevs are still double redirects and it will make them easier to find later). —Marco Polo 07:04, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
- Wouldn't it be better, then, if you did a stub article on about 2-3 rows on Colonel? If you do that, then you could always find all the previous double-redirects (a.k.a. the abbreviations) by going to Military Ranks and then click on "Pages that links here" to see all the huge list of pages. You could then easily find one or many abbrevi's. Peter R 07:08, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
Bot status Edit
If you check the recent changes, you will notice a bit of bot flooding going on due to my brand new bot, BotMeister. I am requesting that you give him bot status so that we don't see that. I'd do it myself, but I'm not a beaurocrat. —Marco Polo 15:01, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- I'm checking now on how to do this. Get back to you! Peter R 20:16, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
Due to having much to do on both a personal, educational and workrelated level, I must tell you that I will not have the opportunity to be here as much as I ought to be in the future. I'd might pop by from time to time to check in or to make some contributions, but you cannot count on me for some time now. I believe this wikia is doing well and it's great to see all of you who has started editing here during the last months. You are doing great work! Keep up the good work! If you want to contact med, please do so by contacting me at the Star Trek Databas, under "Om sidan --> Redaktionen", since I can't guarantee that I will look in on my talk page here. Peter R 09:22, 18 September 2006 (UTC)