If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of this wiki, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Stargate Wiki.
- Contribute page provides some tips on how to expand our common database.
- Projects is a place to start if you want to focus on a specific theme, for example season 9 episodes of Stargate SG-1, or something else.
- Article templates for some pages that might help you in producing a great looking article.
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
I'm sorry for the poor quality of the screenshots, but you'll have to forgive me, I don't know much of photoshopping, and it was during a time when there was hardly anyone else on this wiki. Seriously, there were times when I was the only one contributing. I'm sorry if they're poor quality but I worked with what I had. -- SFH 16:33, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for using such a harsh word. I fully understand. A screenshot is better than no screenshot, regardless of the quality. - Sikon 16:51, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
I see that on April 25 you deleted Quotes with the reason "Wikiquote copy-paste".
Why was that copy-paste a problem? Isn't it a useful page, anyway?
What's this wiki's policy for deletions?
--Lou Crazy 02:00, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
Before adding any more of them, please look at the code at already existing pages (see: Cameron Mitchell, Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter, Teal'c). Then note what's wrong with your code on pages such as Amanda Tapping, and correct it. - Sikon 15:34, 13 June how about you correct it
Out-of-universe cleanup Edit
Hello, I just worked on the Samantha Carter article and cleaned up all the out-of-universe information I could find. I was just wondering if that gives me enough cause to remove the out-of-universe cleanup notice, because I don't want to remove it, just to see it put back again soon if I missed something. Thank you. -- Matthew R Dunn 23:23, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- Despite not being Sikon, I would imagine that you would remove it as there is no longer a reason to have it on the article. It says: Please edit it using the guidelines set forth in the Manual of Style for out of universe material,and remove this message when finished. So I guess I will remove it seeing as how that's been taken care of.—Anubis 10545 01:07, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
Chaya Sar Screenshot Edit
Thanks for offering to grab that screenshot from Sanctuary for me. Any good full length-type shot where you can see most of the light blue dress is great. —Kathkira 03:20, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
When does Sheppard say the quote you have on your page. It's pretty funny sounding... or something.—Anubis 10545 05:27, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Nowhere, it's made up. - Sikon 05:31, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- That's what I figured... as it goes on for a while. Well, now I feel like an idiot... well not really. I just though that sounded funny :)—Anubis 10545 05:32, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I'm Shawn, from Wikia Entertainment. I've been taking a look around the wiki and I really like what the community has accomplished so far. This wiki has a lot of potential, too and I want to lend a hand by doing a bit of work to the main page that will help out with navigation and make the wiki a bit more accessible for new users. I'll be playing around with some stuff in a sandbox page and will let all the admins here check it out when I'm done, and you can give me feedback on it. I'm leaving this message with all the other admins so everyone will know what's going on as it happens. Thanks! Shawn (talk) 04:00, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, I wanted to leave an update with you and the other admins, I've finished a mockup of a new main page layout that features an image-based portal in greater prominence. Please take a look at it here and let me know what you think! I'd like to hear your feedback. Thanks! Shawn (talk) 17:19, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Beta Gate's Point of Origin Edit
First congrats for the wiki... it's amazing!!!
I just wanted to say that the image that you have for the Beta Gate's point of origin is wrong!!!!
The real image is a perfect cyrcle, not a octagon (from Solitudes - season 1 of SG-1)
Once more, congratulations!!!!
Leonardo126.96.36.199 23:13, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
Admin assistance required to rename article Edit
This message was mass-posted to all admins, it is not directed at you in particular. Could one of you move the Gateship article to "Puddle Jumper" (per Talk:Gateship#Name_again). I tried doing it myself but I got an error message, it seams the admin toles are necessary to move this.
Lastly, I apologizes for mass-posting like this, but I didn't know what else to do. The error message directed me to SGCommand:Administration. The Administration page directed me to either make a post on the Community Portal, or to contact an admin directly, but portal doesn't seem to be working (it's little more then an otherwise blank page that says "Under construction"), and I didn't know which specific admin I was supposed to contact. Emmette Hernandez Coleman (talk) (Contribs) 05:37, May 10, 2014 (UTC)